"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Friday 28 June 2013

Jenny

'I am British and have been living in Australia for the past 9 years.

'I have an Australian husband and 3 year old daughter. I was 20 when I met my husband and I didn't think there would ever be a problem for us to return to the UK further down the track.

'My daughter can get a British passport and is able to come to England. The new rules mean I would have to go to England and find a job that pays a large salary before I could bring my husband there.

'This is totally unrealistic for us. I am a stay at home mother here in Australia and have been since my daughter was born. I couldn't leave my daughter here with my husband, yet I couldn't bring her to England with me and put her into a daycare full time when she has never been looked after by strangers. Especially after moving her half way around the world.

'To top it off she would be separated from her dad, - all while I'm trying to find a job that pays such a huge sun, that has hours flexible so I can look after my child single handedly while my husband is left in Australia.

'Impossible for us.

'The new rules seem very unfair for families like ours.'

No comments:

Post a Comment