"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Sunday 2 June 2013

Via Campaign to Family Life - next steps - http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/blog/2013/05/campaign-right-family-life-next-steps

From the comments :

Hi there..myself and my filipino fiance was making plans and saving on for her to come and live here with me in the uk in 2014,then the new imigration financial rule came in and shattered our dreams..i am a nurse who takes care of sick/dying people and on a low wage therefor i do not meet the financial requirement wich in my opinion am like many others who work very hard but are just working class people,if your rich then you have no problem..all i can do at the moment is continue to visit my partner once a year..please,all we are asking is that the price be lowered as surely it has to be wrong to keep loved ones apart..have a heart instead of breaking hearts..elaine.

---

I don't know if this is a space to share. My story is that I'm being separated from my fiancé because he's British and I'm Singaporean. I know that the economy is terrible, but I think it is unfair to abolish the old visa system where I could've stay in the UK two years after graduating, especially since the international fees are nearly four times the amount of home students' fees. It also breaks my heart each morning to wake up and realise that I haven't found anything, and that I cannot find any job that will sponsor and give me a visa.

I wish the government can feel my pain. I also hope that we'll have success in the petition

---

The bigger message from the report is that children should not be separated from their parents as a result of immigration controls. All this chimes with the arguments that MRN has been making against another section of the immigration rules which are also driving a wedge between families – the new minimum income requirement to sponsor a partner or child from outside the EU.

These rules are also impacting on children – both British and non-British children –who are being kept apart from a parent because this requirement cannot be met. The Government’s own impact assessment of these rules anticipates that hundreds, if not thousands, of families in the UK will be affected in this way as the rules continue to take effect. These cases are heartbreaking: we have been contacted with regard to cases where babies, born to British parents in the UK, have had no contact with a non-EEA parent because of the income requirement, or where breastfeeding mothers have had to leave their children in the UK, as they cannot secure permission to remain with their family.


---

These rules are completely discriminatory and feels like somebody has designed these rules to take revenge. One thing that nobody seem to realize is that these new rules also discriminate children. Under old immigration rules children would get settlement if any of the parents had settlement, now it requires both parents to have settlement. Family is the fundamental system that make up any civilized society. It is surprising how a developed and a christian country like UK can have such rules. It is a clear cut divide and rule policy of the conservatives and has very clear pattern of evil mindset.

I am permanent resident and came to this country under Tier1 visa and I do earn around 65-75K in year. So please don't think I am living on benefits here. My first daughter was born in UK. My wife was in UK for almost 4.5 years as a Tier1 dependent and to have the delivery of our 2nd baby she had to go to India in 2011 because our parents are living there. At that time I knew that she could come back and could get settlement in 2 years. My wife was also working until she decided to resign to have the 2nd baby. Out of the blue Theresa May changed the rules. Under previous rules my kids would have got settlement because I have settlement but now they have to wait for another 5 years to get settlement. In what way will these rules help me ? It is a hypothesis that people come here to live on benefits. My family are just lucky enough that they are back in UK. I can imagine families who are effected by this would go through especially on lower incomes.

---

...He may have ll of than but he has almost no family in the UK. There are family days at his school, he has no one to take. His grandmother, all he has left loves him so much. He is everything to her and it will assist her mental health greatly to be around him. I am travelling over 24 hours to run between cou tries to see to them and my son. My heart is broken and so is the bank!its totally disgusting to think that we are the face of humanity for the world. It their own citizens are treated like dirt. Can we stop paying taxes as I feel that is all we are good for?

My mother and aunts routes arenBritish, they would have if they applied before the age of 65 years been able to obtain ansesteral visas. All they want to do is join their only family and come back to their routes. Thank you for reading my story.


---

I would like to ask the Goverment is any humain being up there in the Home office or any Govermebt Office would accept loneliness just because the Goverment think they should meet some criteria before enjoying any aspect of marriage. This is one of the reasons that lead to the high rate of divorces. Unless, you , Goverment, think that INCREASING THE RATE OF DIVORCE is in your policy...

No comments:

Post a Comment