"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Monday 17 June 2013

Caroline

Via Facebook

'I am a single mum of a two year old. I live in a family owned home, so do not pay rent. Yet I cannot bring my Dominican husband into the country.... so I am forced to be single. 

'So a father who is willing to work (and contribute both in taxes, and supporting his own family) is not allowed to be with his family. 

'Leaving me a single mum, unable to work, as child still so little and I am on my own. Where is the justice in this... and where does that leave the country better off financially. We could be independent if he were allowed to be here. 

'You are welcome to use my story. 

'And where oh where in all this is the RIGHTS of the child to have a father????'

1 comment: