"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Friday 28 June 2013

Steven

Steven

'I am a UK citizen and my partner is Australian. We wish to move back to the UK for a number of reasons.

'My father was ill last year. My grandparents are very elderly. I wish to spend some time with them. 

'I am currently in the UK trying to find work so that we can get our visa but am struggling to find anything above 18,600 at the moment. 

'We have a time line after which my average earnings for the past 6 months will be too low and we will no longer be able to apply for the visa unless I have worked in the UK for 6 months. So by wishing to live in the UK we must potentially spend almost a year apart or else I have to live in permanent exile.

'The other option is for me to exercise treaty rights in another EEA country. This is not our first choice but frankly while it is in place we will use this route if necessary. It is unjust and unfair that we find ourselves in this situation.'

No comments:

Post a Comment