"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Sunday 28 July 2013

The trials of Roseline Akhalu - updated.


Yesterday judges in the Upper Immigration and Asylum Tribunal rejected an appeal from the Home Secretary, Theresa May, that Roseline Akhalu, a 49-year old former postgraduate student from Leeds should be returned to Nigeria where she would have faced the prospect of death ‘within weeks’.  On hearing news of the judgment Roseline Akhalu told her friends and supporters: “Thank you everybody for the support, for the prayers, for the publicity, for everything. Hopefully the UKBA will let matters rest at this stage.”

https://twitter.com/crookedfootball :
Paddington felt scared as the van passed, saying he should txt HOME. He thought about Peru.Mrs Brown said,"Don't worry, you're welcome here"



Parliamentary committee claims that International Passenger Surveys provide poor statistics.


According to the Committee report, these surveys are surrounded by a margin of error. It explains that the 95% ‘confidence interval’ around the estimate of net migration translates into an error margin of plus or minus 35,000. The report says “This means there is a 95% chance that the true value of net migration in any twelve month period falls within a range of around 70,000, and a 5% chance that it falls outside this range.

Danny Dorling - A World without border controls in a century. Brain food.


The easy way to find information on jobs and learning opportunities throughout Europe.


Job vacancies in 32 European countries, CVs from interested candidates, what you need to know about living and working abroad and much more brought to you by the EURES network.

Useful for people doing Surinder Singh. http://britcits.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/surinder%20singh

The Greens and immigration.


Green party policy is emphatically on the side of a fair and humane migration policy. Our policy recognises that current governmental policy would rather generate inflammatory headlines than treat migrants fairly. We oppose current policy that separates families, drives away international students and that deports vulnerable asylum seekers back to places of danger. Migration is an easy scapegoat for when government is failing in its duties; we as Greens reject that mentality.

Undocumented Vietnam vet protests deportation with hunger strike.


2 million Syrians and counting.


https://twitter.com/TheRacistVan :
RT if you're in the UK illegally.

Example of anti-Roma racism from France.


The day I asked the Home Office to help me go home – to Willesden Green.


My Twitter wind-up of a billboard targeting immigrants, the same words fascists shouted at me as a child, is just the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment