"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Saturday 20 July 2013

Family life is a right not a privilege - Facebook campaign

https://www.facebook.com/FamilyLifeIsARightNotAPrivilege

'Hello my name is Natalie Gharbi this is my page and here is my story...

'In December 2011 I met my husband. We spent my 2 weeks holiday together, even meeting his family and when I arrived home we talked everyday. We had an instant connection.

'I later went on to book a holiday and spent one week - just me and him and got to know each other further. After this I had my final interview with my employer - a travel agent - and went to Palma Nova for a week of training in April 2012

'After this I flew to Tunisia to work my summer. During this time i fell pregnant unexpectedly but we were both really happy. Due to illness i had to cut my summer short, returning in september.

'I gave birth to our daughter in January. He was unable to be by my side and he missed the first 10 weeks of her life.

'We spent 5 weeks as a family and we got married in April 2013. I am now back home working Monday to Friday with my daughter in full time nursery.

'I do not meet the income requirements as I earn just over minimum wage and my salary is just under 13k a year. This is causing me lot of stress as I can't work back in tunisia as I worked over 50 hours starting 9-9 some days. I worked 5.5days a week and this would mean no time as a family. The only real jobs in Tunisia are summer with tour operators and the hours are very long. And here in the UK I am stopped by the visa rules..

'This is causing a lot of stress and strain on our marriage. My daughter 25 weeks thinks my laptop and phone is where Daddy is. We will not be traveling to see him until August 31st for 2 weeks due to work.'

No comments:

Post a Comment