"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Thursday 29 August 2013

"The Government won't let my husband into UK - while they talk about bombing the bejeezus out of his neighbourhood!"

http://carons-musings.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-government-wont-let-my-husband-into.html

Does the UK Government not have a duty of care to the Syrian spouses of UK citizens? Given the imminent military intervention should they not help get them out the country or at the very least speed up their visa decisions? Given Cameron's determination to 'protect civilians in Syria' why can he not start by protecting Syrians with proven ties to the UK? I am not asking for special measures to circumvent the rules (in any case I meet the visa requirements) but simply for my government to stop dragging its feet in determining his visa case in this emergency situation. If my British citizenship, and indeed British values, means anything I beg my government to do something to help my husband get out of there.


A great piece on Christine, whose husband is trapped in Syria right now - trapped because of a technicality in the spouse immigration rules.

You see, Christine -meets- the economic requirement with a combination of income and savings - but immigration officials have denied the request because they 'objected to my stamped and printed online bank statement which evidenced my substantial savings of in addition to my tax free income'. A mere technicality - especially given that the statements were -stamped-.

Via https://twitter.com/caronmlindsay

Christine's story :
http://britcits.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/christine-given-emergency-in-syria-and.html

Thanks once again to all those who have RT'd.

No comments:

Post a Comment