"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Nick

'I am a British citizen. My family can be traced back in this country to the 16th century.

'My partner is from Thailand, and I feel like my rights as a citizen have been taken away from me.

'The changes in immigration law are tearing apart thousands of families, thousands of relationships. Thousands of ordinary, hard-working British citizens - and their families, spouses, and children - are being put through unnecessary hardship due to the changes in the rules.

'I am having to support two households - in the UK, and my partner's household in her home country - because we are being unfairly separated.

'My life is being torn apart by these laws.

'I am now selling everything I have to get enough money to move to France, as this seems to be the only way I can be with my partner. I am going to abandon the business I have built up over the last five years. I will no longer be paying taxes into the system. I will be leaving the country of my birth.

'What a sorry state of affairs, when loyal citizens are forced to emigrate - just to be with their partners and families.'

No comments:

Post a Comment