"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Thursday 17 July 2014

JCWI : Home Secretary's victory in MM case

http://jcwi.org.uk/blog/2014/07/17/home-secretarys-victory-mm-case

This judgment continues to allow wealth to dictate whether a British citizen has the right to fall in love with a foreigner and be entitled to family life in the UK. This cannot be right.

More posts on the MM case :
http://britcits.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/mm

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I don't know if you can help me.
    I'm British; my husband is not. We have 3 kids with British passports.
    I do not work (I have been taking time off for pregnancies/kids).
    We have savings of more than £18600.
    Would I have to get a job in our current country and earn over £18600 or get an offer of work in the UK before we apply for a spouse visa for my husband, or would our savings be enough?
    If I go back to work I'll never earn as much as my husband does and anything I do earn would go straight on childcare.
    But how else will we ever get back (we would like to spend time with the children's grandparents) if our savings aren't enough and if my husband's income doesn't count? My husband is highly experienced in his profession and would have no trouble getting a job in the UK.
    Many thanks for any feedback - I am getting no where with the Home Office helplines.

    ReplyDelete