"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Friday 4 July 2014

*** IMPORTANT *** WEDNESDAY 9TH JULY EVENTS

The 9th July morning meeting of the All-Party Parliamentary Group has moved to Committee Room 14, House of Commons. Details have been updated.

Updated details are here :
http://britcits.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/repost-9th-july-reminder-events-in.html



2 comments:

  1. Hi, I sent you guys an e-mail but got no response (I'm sure you're busy right now). I am currently on the Surinder Singh route in Ireland with my husband, and I desperately want to be involved in the protests this week, but am unable to be in London.
    Is there any way I could participate? (Write in, skype, etc.)
    It would mean so much to me. I feel so powerless over here. Any way to join in would be welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline - that's an excellent idea and we've been trying to encourage people locally in Ireland to organise their own events :) (BritCits is a 3-person operation without a lot of logistical capacity I'm happy to say - this would be a great member-led initiative though!).

      I know there's a meetup in Cork in a few days :
      http://www.meetup.com/BritCits/events/191939672/
      (It says nobody is coming, but some people are coming via Facebook ;) ).

      Or you could organise your own. With the Malta protests, it's just a few people standing outside the British Embassy with placards. You could do that, or hand out leaflets - there are plenty of ideas here : http://britcits.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/flyers . Maybe print a few off.

      If you do do something, I'm happy to publicise it via this site and meetup, and don't forget to send photos. :)

      Delete