"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Friday 15 March 2013

Out of the woodwork

Stories of people affected by the rules in the comments section on this piece on the APPG :

http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/blog/2013/03/parliamentary-inquiry-family-migration-update-and-next-steps

---

Hiii i just found out about this website today when trying to such some answers to my deverstating news of immigration rules, im so depress and out of love how could they do this to us taking away our human right the right to family life, this is total discrimination aganst human right and there dare to say that people with disabilities they are exempted i wonder why do they love or feel different from others shame on discrimination law.

I have baby who she is going to be 2yrs soon and we were planning to get marrried with her dad in august but everything changed now im working part time with my income 600 per month this cost me love and dad to my baby this is so much touchering i have never come across its is so painful even to talk about it right now.

evertime i look at my baby im thinking you going to grow up without dad around when your big enough to understand go blame David for this took away the most precious thing in your life, surely they should put themselves in our shoes.

.

---

Hi there..like many people in the uk i am very sad as next year after struggling so hard to save me and my fiance(who lives in philippines)was planning for her to come and live with me in the uk..sadly because of the new financial rule being set so high and me being a working class person on a lower wage this now can not happen..i am hoping that the price it has cost me and my love will at least be lowered so that we can be together in the uk..that is all i am asking and its really not a lot to ask to be happy with the one you love..elaine.
.

---

It just goes to show how out of touch they are.. if its about not claiming benefits then well make that the rule! I married my wife 17 years ago I was still a student.. no money at all. My mum helped us a bit.. I had a room and we had food.. I have never ever claimed benefits. Neither has she. Quite frankly the rules are discusting and you dont need 64000 in savings to live without benefits.. shows you what the rich politicians think a bare living amount is.. still them seem to not hold that view when giving out benefits.. So whatever the benefits would give (which must be enough).. x2 should be the minimum amount you have to earn, and fine make no benefits a rule... its really bad..
.


---

I am so happy to have found this and to see that there are people out there trying to do something about these appalling new laws that target only actual British people.
My partner is in South Africa, we have a 3 year old daughter and desperately want to be together as a family. My daughter and I moved back to the UK last year then her Daddy was here for a six month visitor visa and has now had to go back. In order to explain it to her I have told her Daddy needs a special ticket to come back here.
As a lone parent at this moment in time, earning £18,600 is IMPOSSIBLE!!
Let my partner come back and then for sure we will share child care and earn enough between us to live on. We live a very simple life BY CHOICE and there is NO WAY we need these huge amounts of money the government are stipulating. So long as we don't claim benefits whose business is it how much we have a month to live on. We use our money very wisely by choice like I said so that we don't have to work 8-6 every day and miss out on actually living and seeing our child grow up. Now the government wants to force me into full full full employment, put my 3 year old child in day care and never see her. That's all being I can actually find a job that pays that much! I CHOOSE to earn less, live frugally and enjoy being a mum. Now my child is without her father and I am alone......I am left wishing I was EU citizen....no financial threshold and free visa application. Come on guys surely its so obviously unfair its almost laughable!!!!!!
Meanwhile our family life exists only through Skype!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all those trying to get the situation turned round. I eagerly await the outcome...........
.

---

Everyone who spoke at the the session were fantastic, intelligent and passionate!!!! Thank God we're not all alone and the issue is finding a voice. I'm so angry having just listed to the first session! This is the single most wicked and heinous Act of Parliment in it's long history.

I won't go into my own situation too much but suffice it to say my wife and I (both living in Earthquake ravaged Christchurch, New Zealand) are just as ripped off as all the other thousands out there.

Teresa May and her henchmen should be ashamed and embarrassed after what they've done and resign. Not only should these despicable law changes be quashed but the government should apologise and compensate every single person they've deprived of their human rights and DIGNITY!!! It's also shocking how uneducated the general public is about HOW this government is slashing immigration by a third. Most people don't understand the real issues around immigration or realise we have a system designed to attack decent, honest and genuine people. My heart really goes out to those who are now separated from their loved ones. I for one will continue to badger my newly elected Eastleigh MP from the other side of the world until this is thrashed out in the House of Commons and thurst into the public spotlight! I won't give up fighting and so must we all!!!!

.

---

Please tell me when this rule gone change really cant live without my soul mate
.

---

I'm disabled through no fault of my own, having worked hard for most of my life. My wife and I have been married for 3 years and have a child on the way. These rules mean we can't live together as a family in the near future, and already having spent a lot of money to try and get a visa, money which would be better spent on things for the family. We now have to spend a lot of money just to spend a few weeks together once a year with no prospect of settling down and getting on with family life in the near future.
.

---

I am a UK citizen and I live with a wonderful man I would like to marry but we need to marry abroad. I meet all the housing and financial stability requirements, I can afford to keep him, pay flights, lawyers, whatever, the only obstacle is the UKBA. I warned my loved one realistically that we could marry, apply for the visa, it could mean a year apart and even then it could be refused, - so he refuses to leave. We dare not even start the process for fear of falling foul of it, and meanwhile more stringent rules could come in, or something could happen that takes away my financial stability.
It is unfair that an EU citizen can marry abroad and bring back a spouse to the UK whereas I cannot. I am even considering getting Finnish dual citizenship to which I have a right, but there is no guarantee that the UKBA would allow me to use the EU rules when I also have a British passport. Would I have to give up my UK citizenship for the man I love?
Where are MY rights to a family life? Why does the Government decide who I spend my life with? I voted for this Government and the last one believing that they had my interests at heart, that if I followed the rules, paid my taxes, that I had a natural and legal right to a family life.
.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment