"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Monday 4 March 2013

Liz

(Via Facebook, with permission).

I rarely post. I can write a book but will try to keep it short. This is a bit of a tearful rant out of desperation and deep depression. 

Only people on this forum will understand. 

I gave birth to twins alone seven months ago. I have been recovering from a horrendous pregnancy where I had to be hospitalised for a time and birth (c-section) where I could have died due to huge blood loss. 

I have been basically alone to recover and alone to raise my babies with minimal help.

From application after application and appeal after appeal (fighting for compassionate exemption from the English language exam due to circumstances) and still no visa. 

I don't want to bring everyone down - but I have really seen a very ugly eviI side to this system (as most of us here). After all my family and I have been through and thousands of pounds down the drain in solicitor fees barrister fees and application fees - I have come to the conclusion that the welfare of children amounts to nothing in this country. I think that animals would be treated better than any British citizen and their British children (that is if you are not rich). 

My husband and I have had thoughts of suicide - but now that our twins are here we will fight on. I've needed therapy through this ordeal due to the horrible damage it's done to me mentally, physically and emotionally. I've done BBC interview after BBC interview with this story but there is just silence. 

Nothing is happening. 

How can people who govern this country sleep at night knowing they are tearing lives apart!? 

We are not criminals for marrying a NON-EU citizen but treated as criminals! If we pay thousands of pounds in taxes - honest and law abiding it means absolutely nothing! 

In a nutshell I've lost hope...

Liz's story :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20550262

A copy of this story was distributed at the APPG this afternoon : https://twitter.com/APPGMigration

No comments:

Post a Comment