"I have never welcomed the weakening of family ties by politics or pressure" - Nelson Mandela.
"He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no longer than one" - Japanese proverb.
"Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." - Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
"When people's love is divided by law, it is the law that needs to change". -
David Cameron.

Monday 9 September 2013

Spotted on Facebook

'Today is one of those hard days. This morning while I was preparing my daughter for school, she became hysterical and started rolling on the floor crying. I could hear a plane passing overheard. Not knowing what was wrong, I panicked thinking she may be sick. When I asked her what is wrong, she pointed towards the sky and asked me to stop the plane that was passing by. She said the plane was leaving before her daddy could get off. You see, yesterday she spent the whole day by the computer (on Skype) with her dad and as always she asked him "when are you coming home", he told her soon. So to calm her down this morning, I had to wake my husband up (it was 4.30am in London), so that he could explain to her why he was not on board the plane she just heard overhead. This is unfair, how do you explain to a three year old things like 'not every plane in the skies is bringing daddy home'?'

#dividedfamilies



No comments:

Post a Comment